Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Our little Gymnist

And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3 Today was Emma's first day of Gymnastics. I can't begin to tell you how my heart melted as I saw my baby all grown up in her little leotard and ready to go. And then... class began. And she crawled up on my lap and still needed her mom. She needed that gentle reassurance that she could do it and she would be ok. That I would be right there with her and would not leave her. That she could touch me when she was scared. (And my heart melted for her:-)) As I became a part of the pre-gym class, and struggled to touch my toes, she was beaming that her mommy didn't leave her side. As she got more comfortable, I was gradually able to sit behind her, and eventually leave the mat and let her go alone with the rest of the class. (embarassed that all the other mommy's had to watch my butt from behind:-( ) Later I walked into the next room where she was and she scream "there's my mommy" and nearly jumped up to run to me. It strikes me that I should be more like this with Jesus. Not wanting to let him go, and always needing him nearby. If I sense his Holy Spirit nearby, should I hold back, or let my joy out and scream "there's my Jesus, His Holy Spirit." Father, teach me to enter your kingdom with a childlike heart. May our relationship resemble gymnastics class today, and may I want you close at all times and not grow too independent.

No comments:

Post a Comment