Thursday, September 3, 2009

Morning by Morning

Morning by Morning
Lamentations 3:22-25
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him...

This photo was taken off our back deck one day last week. I love it because the field is fresh cut and the fog is rising along with the sun. If was a breath taking view and I HAD to get a shot of it. God had painted a perfect picture for me to start the day with. His love is amazing to me. Morning by morning your mercies are new continually resounded through my head.
I was resonating on the adoption of my friends Roger and Niki. They arrived home today with their beautiful baby girl, and their family starts a new "morning" in their life tomorrow, after much waiting on him. Their present fog has lifted and their sun is rising. Even as I reflect on it, I'm in awe at his faithfulness and love.
I'm pausing tonight to worship him, and to reflect on how much I allow our triune God to be my portion. Am I pressing into him and relying on him? Or am I thinking I'm doing "good enough?" I feel I've hit a wall in my growth and am seeking more. I want to know his desires for my life and speaking ministry and am not hearing his voice. This verse speaks to me tonight, because tomorrow his compassion is new, and I will wait for Him. He will reveal himself when He is ready. In the meantime, I will love Him and press in and continue to seek him and his will, knowing each morning His love for me abounds. I want to serve him and walk in his will. I pray that my fog will lift and my sunrise will shine through.
Thank you Jesus for your glory and your majesty. Your beautiful sunrise displays your love for us and the majestic creation God has created. Thank you for the gift of a sweet baby girl to my dear friend Niki and her family, and for their fog lifting. I thank you for the many other fog liftings this week that I have simply passed on by. As I pause, I pray that you will draw me closer to you and lift my fog and make your will known.

No comments:

Post a Comment