Tuesday, September 8, 2009

He Speaks

Some days God just touches your heart. Today has been one of those days for me. It started when I opened my e-mail and had several responses to an e-mail for Simply Grace to help the Hernandez family. In a time when it's easy to think the world has gone bad, there are so MANY good people. Those reminders can't be there often enough and I am so grateful for each person who is able to reach out to help this family, even if that is in prayer for them. Then shortly after lunch I opened my mailbox and opened the package from my new friend Lisa Oliver. She was with me at "She Speaks." and wrote a book called Fly with Me on Wings of Hope. She writes devotions in it about the death of her 10 year old son, and then her husband a few years later. I read her book in one afternoon and reflected on conversations we had had, and what a blessing she is to call friend. God is using her to speak to so many others. Even without the grief, she was able to speak to my heart. Tonight, I received an e-mail from a friend who utilized a passage that we have been considering doing a retreat on for Simply Grace. This is the third confirmation that I have received on this passage. Although the time and location may be up in the air, I think he is clearly leading us to this passage. I can't wait to see what He has in store... I praise you God, for your love. The comfort of which I felt shining on me today. Whether it's whispers or shouts, or just gentle nudges, I will rejoice in your presence!

No comments:

Post a Comment