Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I understand...

The LORD is the everlasting God,
   the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
   and his understanding no one can fathom.

Isaiah 40:28

Tonight I'm finding reassurance in this verse that God laid on my heart.  Even when we're running hard and losing steam, God is still strong.  He is our creator. 

What really sticks out to me tonight though is that HIS understanding, no one can fathom.  WOW...  just let that sink in for a bit.  He understands us so completely.  Better than we understand ourselves.  He doesn't make excuses for us, he doesn't get tired of us being lame and winey, he doesn't give up on us (REALLY - like never.... he's always calling out to one!)  Yes he created me, but to think that even when I am at my wits end with frustration, he understands me.  My frustration, my attitude, my pride, my choices, my decision, each word I say.  He gets it.  He gets why sometimes I mess up and say the wrong thing, or let emotions take control.  He understands in such a real, raw way. 

I am chuckling that I'm writing this, but I feel like I don't even being to understand how he understands us.  (Read that 10 times fast:-)  Can't help but think that this understanding is entwined with how he loves us. 

I can think of so many times in my life when I was so nervous about something and just hearing the words "I understand" seemed like such a relief.  Somehow, knowing that my heavenly father "understands", like REALLY, REALLY understands, seems to carry a certain significance with it.  Why did I look for the approval of man, and not think first of my God??? 



I'm a "look me in the eye" kind of girl.  I always make my kids look someone in the eye when they are talking with them.  It's just something that I think communicates so well and I see so many people not willing to do it.  Tonight I envision Jesus giving me that kind, gentle, yet deep meaningful look in the eye that says... "It's ok Jen.  I totally understand and I have you covered.  My love for you is so far beyond your understanding that I understand.  I want your joy and your praise and your rejoicing.  Listen for me and surrender." 

1 comment:

  1. hmmmm. makes me think of a song out of IHOP, by Misty, I think. "I knew what I was getting into when i called you"....beautiful picture of God's grace upon grace upon grace.

    ReplyDelete