Friday, February 25, 2011

Diamond Trees

The LORD their God will save his people on that day as a shepherd saves his flock.

They will sparkle in his land like jewels in a crown.

Zechariah 9:16


I was just in awe at the beauty of the trees this week.  From gloomy, drizzly, dangerous ice storm, transforms beautiful sparkling trees.  As I drove to and fro, I couldn't help but notice them.  I decided to call them diamond trees.  With the sun glistening, it looked like the harvest of diamonds was ripe and you could just reach up and pluck one from the trees. 

Each day I pray for God to show me glimpses of himself.  As I watched the beauty of this nature, I couldn't help but feel like that glowing from the trees was the pure presence of God.  I don't believe we can ever truly "get" how beautiful he is.  That his Glory will be so magnificant that we can't imagine it.  Shekinah Glory!  That's what I thought of and saw in scattered bits and pieces all over the trees. 

 








A camera can't really capture the beauty of it, but I tried:-)  Today, as you do your day to day routine, take time to look for God's glory.  Where is he revealing himself to you if you just slow down and watch for him! 



It shone with the glory of God, and its brilliance was like that of a very precious jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal.
 
Revelation 21:11

No comments:

Post a Comment