Sunday, January 9, 2011

Gettin Ready

I'm stuck in that mode... You know... I have to get ready for this, oh, and then this is coming up, and then we need to go there...

Today I'm soaking in the reality that the Compel Conference will be over 2 weeks from now.  Ohhhh... there are so many things to get done by then:-)  BUT....  It has been fun to watch as registrations come in and we make final preparations.  I'm already "Getting Ready" for next year by working on booking that speaker...  Like I said - always trying to stay a step ahead...

Yesterday the boys had a swim meet in Yankton.  Emma stayed home, so I the boys had my undivided attention.  Let me tell you... they did great.  Caleb was able to bring several of his times down, and Carter, well... he was game on, all day!  And... we had big smiles and lots of thumbs up.  How can a mom not love that????

Today I had the opportunity to visit Bridge of Hope and tell them about ATLAS.  What a nice church with sincerely friendly folks.  And... I got to listen to an entire sermon with no one pulling on my arm, or needing to use the bathroom (All the moms know exactly that that is like!)

Tomorrow holds Simple Talk at noon and then a meeting at the Marina Inn for the conference and a prayer meeting tomorrow night.  (Assuming the roads are kind to me!) 

It's easy in this season of business to squeeze out my God time.  Today, I feel him pressing in and laying on my heart that the one thing I need to be Gettin Ready for is my eternity in heaven.    He wants me and he wants my attention.  It's not that he doesn't love our other activities, but he loves us more than our deeds.  So... tonight I'm heading toward my bible and some good alone time with the Lover of my Soul.  I've got some "Gettin Ready" to do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment