Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Where did summer go?


So, you're all saying it right now... where did summer go??  This photo was taken tonight as we took the boys to school for open house.  They've grown so much over the summer, and yet it seems like just yesterday we were celebrating the end of school....  And so it is with life. 

I think we truly savored as much summer as possible.  Lots of lazy days by the pool and fun times outside!  At the same time, I'm not quite ready to quit looking back at all the summer fun and start looking forward to the fall activites.  It seems like life just passes so quickly with these little ones, and before I know it they will be all grown up and not needing their momma anymore :-( 

As I was reflecting on this looking through photos tonight, I was struck by how we live so much of our lives this way....  not savoring today, but looking back, or looking forward. 

I came to this verse...
What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.  James 4:14b

In essence, we worry so much about how things are passing us by, or what might be coming, that we can't enjoy the here and now...  we don't know when our time on earth will cease and we'll enjoy our heavenly eternity.  What if it were tonight... 

For today, I'm committing to loving and living in the moment.  To not looking back or to far ahead, and just taking in the blessings around me.  WIll you join me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment