Thursday, August 12, 2010

Oh, No, you never let go...



Will you never look away from me, or let me alone even for an instant?

                                                                         Job 7:19


Oh, what a night.  I so love it when God brings me to tears....

So, we had our first Community Unity Meal tonight,  which was months of dreaming coming to be...
(More to come on that later!) 

Following that, the kids and  I met Tom at Harp & Bowl...  Although we were only there for 1/2 hour, God used this time to the fullest...

Emma had been playing in the back with a few others.  She had made her way to me, and we were just starting to sing the song...

Oh no, you never let go, every high and every low... Oh no, you never let go of me...  (Do you know the one I mean?) 

Anyway, Emma found her way into my arms and the sweetest hug.  She was touching my face in her special Emma way, and we were singing. 

Then, God made himself so clear to me...  This is where I am with you all the time.  I'm like your child on your hip trying to hold you close and gently stroke your face.  I am that kind of love and so much more.  I never let go of you.  No matter how crabby you are, how good you are, etc.  I am always right there, even when you don't know it... 

WOW!!  I mean Jeez....  How amazing is that.  That after a VERY busy day, he loves me enough to share a bit of His intimacy with me?  I was moved to tears.  Having my moment with Emma was enough to do that to me..  And then to feel I was in his presence and he was speaking into my soul....  I can't explain it. 

So, the next time you are holding your kids close....  think of it! Our God, our heavenly father, holds us that close and loves us more than that...  The God of wrath and judgement has THAT kind of love for us!  May we never let go of him!!! 

1 comment: