Monday, June 14, 2010

Make me a car...


Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian.

Not any more than standing in a garage makes you a car


I came across this in a recent e-mail "Joke".   It really struck me.  I've been on a kick lately that we need to BE the church, not just go to church.  Our everyday should reach out and love people, like Jesus did.  They should be able to laugh and interact and talk to us and have us listen and "know we are Christian by our LOVE" 

Why is that so hard for us as humans?  Why do we make it so complicated.  Just to love and care and listen to one another. 

Today at the office one of my favorite lovers was in.  No, I'm not talking about Tom, but he was there too.  This is a guy who just loves on people.  Anyway, he simply put his hands on a gals shoulder who was in and said, how are you...  She talked a bit and then said... "Thanks for caring, it's just what I needed today."  Amazing, just someone to show he cared and touch her and to listen...  We can ALL do that, yet many times we find ourselves pre-occuped. 

So, for today, I'm chosing to be a car.  Not a person in the garage pretending to be a car.  I'm going to be what Christ calls me to be.... Full of love and authentic and caring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment