Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Early in the Morning my songs shall rise to thee...


Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.   Mark 1:35


This is what I wake up to in the morning.  One day last week I woke at about 5:30 and looked out the bedroom doors.  This is a habit that I have grown to love.  Waking early and taking in the sunrise.  (I'd love to tell you all I stay up, but..... )  Anyway, this particular morning it was amazing, so I had to drag out my camera and take a photo.  They are going to be putting streets in behind our house and we won't have open field anymore.  I'm hopeful we'll still have a clear shot to the sunrises, but I guess time will tell.  Until then, I'm going to enjoy everyone I can!  I wake up, look out, smile, and spend great prayer time looking out the door at the wonderful beauty he has created.  Can't think of a better way to start my day!

One morning last week, I had been dreaming and woke up to a great sunset and the strong need to open my bible.  I made my way to the basement (it was going to rain and that is covered!)  and watched the sun rise and the clouds roll in.  As I got to the passage, this is what I found.... 

This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus. - Eph 3:6

I'm still working through why that verse, but I LOVE it that God leads us to where he wants us to be.  I also LOVE that we have the promise of eternity in Christ, as Gentiles!  Woo-Hoo! 

So, for tonight, I invite you to join in awe of the beauty of this photo and his sunrises (and sunsets!) and to stand in awe of the God we serve. 


1 comment:

  1. beautiful words and picture, friend. Thanks for posting. I can see the script much better, too!

    ReplyDelete