Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spiritual Desert

I have been feeling like I'm in a desert lately.  I contnue to press in to God, but just don't feel the Lord pouring back out on me.  He's being rather silent.  Or so it seems.  Thin we have all had times that we felt that way... 

I was reading in "A Confident Heart" by Renee Swope (www.reneeswope.com)  (As a side note, Renee is our speaker for COMPEL 2013!)  Anyway... was reading our lesson for this week, and God just spoke so clearly about my desert. 

Confident Heart, A: How to Stop Doubting Yourself & Live in the Security of God's Promises [Book]

Renee writes...
"I was studying about Jesus being the bread of life.  Then I cross-referenced the Old Testament where God provided manna in the desert for the Israelites, which was their "bread of life."  I thought about spiritual deserts we go through and how God wants his Word to be the manna in our deserts and tough times." 

It was like she wrote this part just for me.... OK - so maybe it wasn't her...  God wrote it just for me.  He clearly spoke to me that during this desert he wants me in his word.  That will be my manna.  He has great things in store, and in order to be prepared for that, I need to be still and soak in Him.

Do you ever have those times.  When you know that you need to press in, and yet you feel dry.  You want to hear from the Lord, and you feel he is quiet.  You know the Holy Spirit is moving, but you're not sensing it.   I honestly was so frustrated that even though I knew that God loved me and was speaking to me, I was just frustrated. 

And then, just a nugget.  God blessed me with just a nugget.  Not just the words that Renee wrote, but how he spoke to me through them.  I still feel like I"m in the desert and that God has me in a season of preparation.  And most importantly, I know that it is ok.  It's not me.  I'm not doing anything wrong...  I just need to keep pressing on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment