Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Dancin in the Streets....



Some days are just good....  Sometimes God uses our kids to make our hearts so joyful we don't even know what to say, so we just watch and savor it.  Tonight was like that...

After VBS, we worked in the garden until it started raining.  All three kids were just coming in the house when Carter said "Mom, can I go dance in the rain?"  Of course, I wanted to say, no, get in the shower, it's almost bedtime...  Instead I looked at Tom and said, "well, you have to shower anyway...  go ahead!"  The subsequent squeals will not be forgotten.  Tom said grab your camera, and out to the front porch we went.  It was just lightly raining and they were having a blast.  Catching it with their mouths, dancing, singing and squealing....  And then, it REALLY started to rain, and out to the stree they went...  Look out puddles, here they come...


Honestly, I can still hear them laughing and giggling.  Tom and I stood on the porch with his arm around me just taking it in...  I said to him... "when we get old and are sitting out here, we will remember this moment."  It was certainly one to cherish.  The only way it would have been better would be if we were out their with them!  (But then who would have taken photos????)

I praise God for the heart of children.  For their abundance.  Sometimes it is an abundance of joy.  Othertimes of emotion that isn't as welcomed:-)  However, they are filled up and overflowing so often.  May I always remember tonight:  NOT just for the memory of watching my kids, but for the example they can be to me in my walk.  May I dance in the streets overflowing with Joy to know the Savior.  And may I teach them that in their walk with Christ! 


1 comment: